There is a positive element about the current economic calamity: It is a buyer’s market. The price of real estate is down, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is at a 12-year low, and Christ’s redemption is being given away freely.
- Buy real estate if you can. Jesse Duplantis says, “Buy land, God ain’t makin’ no more!” It’s demand has to go back up because it’s supply never will.
- Buy stock: There’s a big reduction sale going on right now. You can buy more shares for less money! If this was at your favorite place to shop, you’d be having a field day!
- If not “buy land”, then buy “C” (C being Christ). If you’ve never before considered the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, there is no better time than now. Invest in the kingdom––it’s free! And of all these, it is the biggest bargain with the biggest payoff.
I’ve heard my pastor say, “Until God is all you have, sometimes you don’t know He’s all you need.” Maybe you’re at that point. Maybe you don’t have the resources to buy land or purchase stock. Who knows when and if your resources will be replenished? Stop trusting in the resource and put your trust in the source.
I don’t have traditional cable (too cheap, I mean, fiscally prudent) but I was lucky enough to catch a few MythBusters episodes while on break at work. If you haven’t seen it, it’s where science meets entertainment. The hosts take urban legends (for example, is it possible for a human to catch a bullet with his teeth?) and either confirm or debunk the myth basically by destroying stuff. [GRUNT Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor-style]
I think reality can be a better measure of outcomes than reality TV. Take the following old adage for example:
“Money makes the world go around.”
Is it Myth or Fact?
No laboratory or studio needed here. The testing grounds for this myth is real life. It routinely has a way of wrecking things on its own (or at least the entities in life like greedy corporations and corrupt governments do). There hasn’t been many times in history when the dollar has taken a beating like it has the last several months.
- Layoffs up 55% (200,000 in January alone)
- Unemployment up 2.7% to 7.6% (4.1 million more jobs lost in ‘08 than ‘07)
- Burglary, larceny and motor vehicle theft up
- Real estate value down 15.3%
- Dow is Down 37% (4700 points) since one year ago
- Consumer spending down 8.9% Q4 2008 (worst since 1947)
- Federal government over $10 trillion dollars in the hole
- Fed $787 billion more down (pending the “stimulus” package)
There is no money left out there! Has the earth’s rotation slowed? Has the days gotten any longer? Has the world stopped?
Bottom Line (no pun intended):
Money does NOT make the world go around.
Posted in America, Crisis, Economy, Finance, Global Recession, Money, Random Thoughts, Science, TV
Tagged America, Economy, Random Thoughts, Science